In addition to the posts on this personal blog, you can read more of my investing, finance, accounting, and portfolio management articles at Investing for Beginners over at About.com, where I’ve written since 2001.
Newest Investing Articles
April 2015 Investing Articles
- The 6 Dumbest Things New Stock Investors Do
- 5 Reasons Stock Market Charts Are Practically Useless
- The 8 Part Recipe to Making a Fortune from Your Investments
- How the Stepped-Up Basis Loophole Works
- 3 Ways to Supercharge Your Retirement Savings
- Use the Individual Roth 401(k) as a Self-Employed Tax Shelter
March 2015 Investing Articles
- The Best Stocks to Buy Are Historically Found In a Handful of Industries
- Investing in Hotel REITs Can Be an Affordable Way to Buy Hotels
- How to Calculate the Total Shareholder Return Formula
- How Much Diversification Is Enough?
- Bonds Are Riskier Than Stocks But Still Belong in Your Portfolio
- Inherited IRA Rules You Need to Know
February 2015 Investing Articles
- Roth IRA Rules for 2014 – There Is Still Time to Fund an Account Before the April 2015 Deadline!
- Traditional IRA Rules for 2014 – Don’t Forget to Fund a Traditional IRA Before the April15th, 2015 Deadline
- The Mathematics of Getting Rich by Investing in Stocks
- The 5 Keys to Building a Good Portfolio of Stocks
- Good Stocks to Buy Share 3 Characteristics
- Sometimes, the Best Investments Are Hidden in Plain Sight
January 2015 & Prior Investing Articles