The economics of the movie theater industry are interesting. In many cases, up to 70% of the ticket price goes to the movie studio that created the film and the distributor who sold the rights to it, leaving the remaining 30% for the owners. This creates a situation where most of the profit comes from…
We’re working on making our own homemade version of Chipotle’s burrito bowl so we can throw them together fairly quickly (make the salsa in advance, pre-measure the ingredient portions, and all you have to do is a handful of steps in less than 20-30 minutes whenever you want to mass produce them).
As an investor, you can make a lot of money if you are adept with numbers. This skill can let you see what is really going on and create mathematical models that maximize your earnings. There is a little known story that Warren Buffett was once in a meeting for Blockbuster, the movie rental chain that is now bankrupt.
Two barred owls have moved into the trees behind the house and have been hanging out for a few weeks. They tend to fly together and one likes to stare into the windows, watching us inquisitively.
Now that the white chicken chili is on the stove, it’s time to turn attention to the nectarine white chocolate cream pie on the other side of the kitchen. There are quite a few seasonal fruits available – nectarines, plums, cherries, and strawberries among my favorites – so I’m hoping to do as much experimentation as possible before autumn arrives and my attention gets turned to apples, cranberries, turkey, maple, and other flavors that tend to be best when the air has a bit of a nip in it. It almost seems impossible but before we know it, it will be time to put on sweaters and light the fires.